[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1002: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1002: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
GET YOUR MONEY BACK! Misconduct and malpractice. Investment industry "best and worst practices". Information to improve public protection. Expert witness services for industry and investors. Forensic investment analysis. • View topic - Securities law "exemptions". A license to steal?

Securities law "exemptions". A license to steal?

Index of forum topics, talk to us.

Securities law "exemptions". A license to steal?

Postby admin » Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:39 am

while researching a story in Saskatoon I have found myself pointed to a number of legal "passports" being handed out by our trusted securities commissions.

I find that they grant exemptions to the law almost daily, to allow investment firms to operate more "easily".
I also find a relationship with the industry of an almost incestuous nature, when compared to the way that securities commissions treat abused investors or the public interest.

If you would care to look for yourself how easy and how many "passports" around the law that are granted to members of the investment industry go to the OSC web site, at http://www.osc.gov.on.ca and look under the heading "orders, ruings and decisions", then click on any year and any letter of the alphabet to find out how many things have gone on that the public may not know of.

I would have to say that they harm clients by a factor that outnumber decisions that help clients by one thousand to one.
Last edited by admin on Mon Jun 26, 2006 8:45 am, edited 1 time in total.
admin
Site Admin

Previous

Return to Click here to view forums