[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1002: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 1002: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected the timezone 'UTC' for now, but please set date.timezone to select your timezone.
GET YOUR MONEY BACK! Misconduct and malpractice. Investment industry "best and worst practices". Information to improve public protection. Expert witness services for industry and investors. Forensic investment analysis. • View topic - OCCUPY WALL STREET, then prosecute the perps

OCCUPY WALL STREET, then prosecute the perps

Index of forum topics, talk to us.

Re: OCCUPY WALL STREET

Postby admin » Sat Oct 22, 2011 11:36 am

Screen shot 2011-10-16 at 12.39.30 PM.png
“OCCUPY YOUR MIND” LECTURE and DISCUSSION
“INVESTMENT PROTECTION, INVESTMENT PREDATION”
Thursday, November 3, at 7:00 pm.
Cardel Theater South Calgary
180 QUARRY PARK BLVD. SE, 7:00 PM

Learn how trusted criminals commit the perfect crime. See how "trusted fraud" steals from every Canadian, your government and your economy. See the tricks that distract police from even learning about it. This is a FREE public interest lecture and discussion, with donations of items for occupy protestors gratefully accepted. Some people are sleeping in the cold, for lack of a fair economy to house themselves, and some who are simply there to speak up for you and I.

We all hope to retire and stop working someday.

However most (80% +) Canadians will retire with about half as much wealth as they should have due to investment malpractice. Bankers, brokers and their handmaidens will have the other half.
http://www.investoradvocates.ca tricks of the investment trade.

Behind closed doors, some corrupt bankers, brokers, politicians and lawyers have sold out your public protections and regulations to the highest corporate buyer. http://www.albertafraud.com has one example.

I worked 20 years in Canada’s largest brokerage firms, fighting for fair and honest treatment for clients. http://www.breachoftrust.ca is a site where you see some of what I learned

I learned how trusted criminals can skim or defraud investment returns owed to the public, by approximately one billion dollars a week and get away without clients or the police knowing. They have the best “reputation protection system” that money can buy.
See Chapter 5, http://www.breachoftrust.ca

Larry Elford , former CFP, CIM, FCSI, Associate Portfolio Manager, retired
lelford@shaw.ca
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Oct 22, 2011 1:47 am

Screen shot 2011-10-22 at 2.32.19 AM.png

click to enlarge, click again to zoom in closer

After a meeting with Occupy Lethbridge, I worked on a flow chart of some of the talking points discussed. It is not exactly as per the final notes, I did take some personal liberty, so it is my own fault and no one else's for anyone I offend. (except for Dick Cheney, I think we all find him offensive) We were aiming to find the top half dozen occupy "wishes" that we wanted for an improved humanity.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Oct 18, 2011 6:43 pm

293443_259101844133301_100001004617972_721206_938491507_n.jpg

Long ago, we as civilized people, recognized that to protect ourselves from bullies and predators, we should organize into communities and elect a “government” to protect our interests and to serve our needs..............

Fast forward, and we find that our governments have sold out our protective interests to the highest corporate bidder, and to stay in their position of power and stay employed, the government itself may have turned into a self-seeking predator that we must fear.

Along the way, having paid their bribes to the government, our trusted financial servants have become financial predators as well. We must now fear them today.

Along the way, our military..........

Along the way, .......

This means we now have to take back the authority we granted, and begin a new relationship where we will hold public “servants” to a criminal and/or a civil standard of accountability. To serve going forward they will have to actually demonstrate that they are serving our interests and not their own to a degree of the best practices known. Our part of the equation is that each citizen is now a partially responsible member of the new industry of accountability. An industry where we no longer trust and rely on our government to set it's own ethicals, but we all take an interest to “verify” that our government is not serving itself. 300 million whistleblowers in the US and 30 million in Canada. All observers and stakeholders in honest, transparent government that serves public interests and no private or special interests.

Accountability is the magic ingredient that must now be added to capitalism. It is the one item that we forgot, or lost along the way. "Get as rich as you possibly can by doing as many good things as you possibly can, but by doing harmful things, to people or the planet, and you will risk losing it all to pay the damages for the harm. Serious, professional, best-practices-in-the-world-accountability. No less will do.
This is my occupying wish. LEE
Below an image which looks pretty good as a step one.
307839_2051593897170_1464193619_1702969_554497766_n.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sun Oct 16, 2011 8:56 am

316624_282219791789006_114517875225866_1145282_1626903235_n.jpg
316624_282219791789006_114517875225866_1145282_1626903235_n.jpg (14.55 KiB) Viewed 11382 times

Right this very second, the leaders of many countries of the world are in deep conversation on one thing:

"How do we invent a war, a crisis, or an enemy that is strong enough to take the focus away from this damn occupy movement"
========================================

Here is the quote from a classic old book that made me think of this today:

"This is the reason why smart statesmen, dictators in particular, who see their power threatened from this inside try the old trick of showing the nation the archenemy at the gates of the country. For the genuine dictator or despot nothing is too expensive as long as it will keep him in power"

===============================================================

Dick Cheney-type personalities come to mind, calculating the gains and losses of killing a few million people verses the staying in power another day. Pure psychopaths in leadership.

316497_260573187313840_201546203216539_640698_63459857_n.jpg
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Oct 15, 2011 7:03 pm

294086_259926930711799_201546203216539_639124_166737619_n.jpg
I am just back from Calgary and Winnipeg occupy visits and here is what I think I learned:

The young people running some of the OCCUPY meetings are more polite, more democratic and more grownup that the people of my generation. What is with that. They were all the age of my children and I was very impressed with their acts.
It was like watching a democratic movement being born or created in front of my eyes to sit in their meetings. Everyone got to speak, everyone got listened to. I think us old baby boomers are too used to being spoiled and having our own ways........anyway I was impressed and feel that democracy might be safe in their hands...........if we can learn how to hold accountable, even jail, the remaining psychopaths who are out there still acting like Dick's (I am referring to Cheney.......:)

===============================

From the standpoint of a former investment broker I learned a great, GREAT deal. I have no idea where it came from, but here goes:

I used to be a retail sales broker, meaning I dealt with mom and pop (retail) investors. The crooks in my business (some we call vice presidents) used to get their phoney vice presidential title for doing nothing more than generating a ton of commissions. The easiest way to do this would be to rip off elderly people, preferably elderly women. Some who are alone, trusting, vulnerable, and maybe even starting to suffer a touch of dementia. This was a real meal ticket for a hungry and immoral stockbroker or investment guy. I fought it many many times and I got the shit beat out of me (office retaliation, not the physical kind, but the devious kind) for doing so until I had to leave. Now with that explanation for background, let me tell you what was so profound for me to discover this day........

I always knew that at many levels above my "retail" selling of securities, there were institutional sellers who dealt with the big money of pension funds (smart money), rockefellers (smart money), universities (not so smart money) and governments (really really dumb money) etc.

Now armed with that level of knowledge, plus a cute story I was told about how Canada got conned out of our gold reserves by Goldman Sachs (posted just after this post dated Oct 15 with the image of the Auditor General of Alberta Report) it sort of came together for me just a bit clearer how it is that Wall Street (and Bay Street) could easily fleece a government, just like the top office predators, (sorry, vice presidents) got away so well with fleecing elderly ladies. The high level guys found a customer who is as easy to fool as a trusting, vulnerable, and perhaps elderly individual. Namely any government in Canada or the world that has a ton of money. Why did I not think of it before?

Again, see the story of three levels of government getting ripped off in Canada, and again, I warn that I cannot confirm personally the funny story of how John Crowe lost nearly all of Canada's gold reserves.......but I can personally confirm and document the other two financial industry frauds.

"GO AND FIND YOURSELF A GOVERNMENT CUSTOMER WITH MONEY" That is the equivalent of abusing an elderly client for the crooked institutional investment person. Governments have (1) a lot of money, and (2) not a lot of skill with money and (3) not a great deal of care about it since it is not their money, (4) governments engage in "groupthink" which often leads them right into the path of least resistance (easiest guys to sell) and perhaps best of all (5) when they lose a billion dollars of taxpayer money, they tend to keep it secret, rather than tell the world how badly they screwed up. This fits perfectly into my poem and why governments lie and need to keep secrets, to cover their ineptness......but I will not inflict my poem on you now.

Soooooooooooo, long story short, if I saw hundreds of brokers in every major investment firm, get hundreds of millions of dollars in this illegal way, and while they were committing these frauds on seniors, they were getting awards like phoney "vice presidential" titles from their bosses..........then I now suspect (and can confirm with some experience, some documents and some world events news) that the top institutional sales geeks were doing the same thing to their "easiest" mark. Your government. The easiest to fool, world's greatest sucker for a guy in a sharp suit, for a firm that might act like it holds big money.

I know, I know, you are going to say, "heck, I already knew that", but I am going to say, sorry, I just figured it out satisfactorily for myself today. That is, satisfactorily to me.

So I can now at least tell myself, with a degree of certainty, that financiers go after governments to rape and violate financially. From this logic I can convince myself that these crooked financiers can take down an entire country, put it on it's knees, and end up being the greatest criminals in our entire history. Now my next puzzle is to see if we can prosecute ONE of them in Canada. Just one. That is all I ask. Dear RCMP. Please get over your inability to prosecute a single high level financial crime in Canada and ........................
1173311.bin.jpeg
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Oct 15, 2011 9:27 am

Screen shot 2011-10-15 at 10.15.32 AM.png
This post is more of a short note to remind myself of three connections I made this week.

The three connections were an interesting tale of Federal Government financial incompetence, provincial, and municipal, that when combined with highly competent, highly predatory financial thieves (trusted thieves so not to worry), they can lose billions of dollars of taxpayer money.

The story I heard this weekend was about former Bank of Canada Governor John Crowe, who evidently did not have a superior knowledge of things financial. Here is what I was told, without verification........when John was with the Bank of Canada, he was sitting on a large pool of gold reserves for the government of Canada. In came some really nice dressed men from a top wall street firm called Goldman Sachs, and these nice folks told Mr. Crowe that his gold was "a dead asset", doing nothing but just sitting there. The convinced him that he should let them "write covered call options" (jargon for sell other people the right to bet on the price of your gold......you get to keep the bet money, they get to keep the gold if their bet is correct).

This is exactly what Mr. Crowe does, and POOF!. Our Canadian gold is pretty much GONE. This could be true, this could be urban legend. You tell me. Do we have our former gold reserves in Canada, or are they pretty much gone?
================

Second funny story about Government inept and losing the taxpayer billions goes to http://www.albertafraud.com

This time Canadian and american firms (perhaps Goldman Sachs again) need to dump billions of dollars of toxic sub prime mortgage paper (in 2006ish). They find that the credit rating is not high enough and cannot be sold in Canada due to our laws. What to do?

Easy, go to the local securities commission, (which is totally funded by fees charged to investment industry guys) and apply for permission to break our laws. POOF! The $32 billion dollar problem is solved, and when the market for this junk collapses there are only two or three suicides...........

The ironic parts is how the securities commission is under to jurisdiction of the finance minister in Alberta......and under his (or her...Shirley Mclellan, farmer, Iris Evans, former nurse,Ted Morton, Ron Liepert et al.........) control they operate the Alberta Treasury Branches. Unfortunately, while their left hand, the securities commission, was busy allowing toxic investments to be sold, the right hand of the government, the Alberta Treasury Branch, was busy putting 47% of every customer deposit ........into these very same toxic investments. Albertans did not know this, it was kept pretty quiet, but it is all found in the report of Auditor General Fred Dunn. http://www.oag.ab.ca/files/oag/Oct_2008_Report.pdf page 111
Screen shot 2011-10-15 at 10.18.37 AM.png
click to enlarge
Screen shot 2011-06-28 at 10.10.27 PM.png
click to enlarge

So about one billion was forced to be recovered (bailed out) by the taxpayer, done in virtual secrecy to save out ATB from collapse. Ironic that the same goverment fools that allowed the toxins to lose our money, had to lose another billion of our money to bury their mistake. The secrecy helps to save the reputation of Shirley Mclellan, Iris Evans, Ted Morton, Ron Liepert, and all the public servants who watched this happen. Thanks guys. Well done.

==================

Right down to my own little city of Lethbridge Alberta, whose treasurer (Cory Wight) found that he could get a whole 4/100ths of a percent more by buying crap like ROCKET TRUST, APPOLO TRUST etc. Notwithstanding that a city investment policy did not allow for investments in trusts, he went and put about 40% of all city tax revenues into this stuff. Perhaps he was convinced by his old friend Glen Seeman, who, while being licensed as a salesperson at National bank was purporting to give the city investment "advice".

Anyway, for the approx $30 million we gave to the salesperson for a six month investment or something short like that, we were given a deal to take a $2 mil dollar haircut on about $8 mil of it, to get it back early. So we gave away $2 mil to crime and misrepresentation of various kinds. The remaining $22 mil or so, is promised to us sometime in about 2050.........once again, letting fools look after your money (in government or otherwise) while foxes give them trusted "advice". proved to be a recipe to bankrupt the country.

That is why occupy wall street is not a rich persons problem and not a wall street problem. It is everyone's problem.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Oct 15, 2011 8:49 am

Screen shot 2011-10-15 at 9.46.57 AM.png

click to enlarge image

Larry Elford is not associated with the Occupy Wall Street crowd, but he is a kindred spirit.
The month-long "occupation" of Wall Street, ostensibly as a protest against corporate greed, uses the slogan, "We are the 99 per cent."

It's a way to point out the injustice inherent in the outrageous fortunes of the super rich and the contention that those fortunes were acquired through less than honourable means.
Elford's story is that he walked away from a 20-year career as an investment adviser in Lethbridge, Alta., managing a $100-million book of business and earning a solid six-figure income.
But after going public with advice to clients about things such as how to buy mutual funds without paying commissions and minimizing management fees, he started getting push-back from within the bank-owned brokerage firms for which he worked.

"I could see the people who were being made vice-president were the ones who were selling the funds that came with two different commissions and the chance of a trip to the Indy 500," he said.
Elford quit the game in 2004 and has been on a crusade ever since, focusing, among other things, on a particular form of dishonesty that he claims has become institutionalized within the world of retail investment management in Canada.

To put it far more briefly than Elford ever would, he contends the public is being misled -- and overbilled -- by the financial services industry, which pushes commissioned salesmen in front of clients but insists on calling them "advisers."
"We're told, 'Trust me. I am an adviser,' but I don't have an adviser licence," Elford said. "I've been ranting for five years, saying, 'How dare you let commissioned salespeople claim to be a professional consultant.' "

Elford said one of the glaring offences perpetrated across the land is the trend in the industry to use in-house funds, along with the hefty management fees imbedded in mutual funds and "wrap accounts" that leave us with about half as much as we might otherwise have for our retirement years.

He claims that many advisers who encourage clients to use a wrap account ultimately migrate mutual-fund holdings into the in-house funds, making the parent company and the adviser much more money than if they bought the brand-name funds.
He said all the adviser needs to ensure is that the investment is suitable to the client -- not that it is necessarily in the client's best interest.
To some extent, Elford's concerns could be addressed by the standard consumer caution of "buyer beware."
For many of us, that might do the trick, but Elford claims that for the little old lady or gentleman, there is little or no accountability. (The abysmal track record in Canada of prosecuting white-collar crime is a case in point.)

He was to make a free public presentation Thursday night in Winnipeg. He is self-financing his public awareness campaign, including the cost of producing a documentary film called Breach of Trust, The Unique Violence of White Collar Crime (available to view free at http://www.breachoftrust.ca).
For some of us, what Elford is talking about are just the machinations of a profitable industry that has evolved in such a way that there is a lot of easy money to be made. Which isn't to say there are not advisers doing a good job, including fee-for-service advisers who don't receive any commissions on sales.
Considering the calamitous Wall Street meltdown in the fall of 2008, it is disconcerting to some that so little has changed. Those huge bonuses are still available to the ones taking the biggest risks.
A proposed new regulation in the United States called the Volcker Rule would prevent banks from making those risky trades on their own account. But Bloomberg reported this week that even Arthur Levitt, former chairman of the Securities and Exchange Commission, said it is likely to be delayed and watered down.
Regardless of the strength of Elford's claims, he may not be the guy to elicit the kind of popular sentiment required to prompt fundamental changes to reduce abuses in the financial services industry.
But public displays such as Occupy Wall Street give more people pause and probably inspire other Larry Elfords to become even more vocal about hidden costs and sophisticated trickery to which many of us don't even know we're being subjected.
martin.cash@freepress.mb.ca
Republished from the Winnipeg Free Press print edition October 14, 2011 B4
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 7:19 pm

ralph-nader.jpg
click to enlarge image

I LIVE IN A KLEPTOCRATY (thanks to http://facebook.com/kadyman)

where do you live ?

Kleptocracy, alternatively cleptocracy or kleptarchy, (from Ancient Greek: κλέπτης (thief) and κράτος (rule), "rule by thieves") is a form of political and government corruption where the government exists to increase the personal wealth and political power of its officials and the ruling class at the expense of the wider population, often without pretense of honest service. This type of government corruption is often achieved by the embezzlement of state funds.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Wed Oct 12, 2011 5:59 pm

299974_107216389389227_100003025982581_54485_679777256_n.jpg
click to enlarge image

A NEWS RELEASE ABOUT THE OCCUPY MOVEMENT
“THE MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE OF OUR TIME”

I am a small part of the OCCUPY Movement.
I hope to OCCUPY a moment of your mind, and the minds of Canadians.
This is important because it’s YOUR MONEY, YOUR FUTURE, YOUR RETIREMENT!

Here it is in 30 seconds:
    We all hope to retire and stop working someday.

However most (80% +) Canadians will retire with about half as much wealth as they should have due to investment malpractice. Bankers and brokers that they trusted will have the other half.
    http://www.investoradvocates.ca tricks of the investment trade.

That is because behind closed doors, some corrupt bankers, brokers, politicians and lawyers have sold out public protections and regulations to the highest corporate buyer. http://www.albertafraud.com has one example.

I worked 20 years in Canada’s largest bank owned brokerage firms, fighting for fair and honest treatment for clients. http://www.breachoftrust.ca is how you see what I saw over 20 yrs.

My former industry can skim or defraud investment returns owed to the public, by approximately one billion dollars a week and get away without clients or the police ever knowing. They have the best “reputation protection system” that billions could buy.
    See Chapter 5, http://www.breachoftrust.ca

Larry Elford , former CFP, CIM, FCSI, Associate Portfolio Manager, retired
Lethbridge Alberta, lelford@shaw.ca
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Tue Oct 11, 2011 7:34 pm

city-los-angeles-occupy.n.jpg
city-los-angeles-occupy.n.jpg (34.08 KiB) Viewed 11113 times

http://www.activistpost.com/2011/10/pathological-selfishness-of-government.html

A good posting by a writer talking about pathalogical selfishness. It applies to government, wall street, corporations in general, and it affects the freedom (financial and otherwise) and security of every citizen.

I think it is time we looked more carefully at the mental imbalances of some of our trusted leaders and corporations, mental imbalances that begin with a drive to win at any cost.
click to enlarge
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Sat Oct 08, 2011 2:11 pm

Screen shot 2011-10-09 at 9.35.33 PM.png
My opening AND closing argument is:

"We live in a society where we recognize that a six foot, 200 pound teenager should not be allowed to knock down an old lady and take her purse, just “because he can”. Can we now become conscious enough to apply this protective logic to prime ministers, presidents, banks, mining companies, CEO’s, and all men who do damage to others and to the planet “just because they can”?
Larry Elford asks

And in the process of being a huge bully corporation or government, trying to steal everyone else's lunch money, all the various "handmaidens" to the bully help them along:

like the police, who "just do what they are told"
like the courts, who serve best those who pay best (justice blind? Nope)
Like accountants, "what would you like the numbers to say sir?"
Like the media, "How many ads can we count on you for sir?"
Like lawyers, "how can I help you out of your situation sir?"
Like politicians, "what can I do for your in return for your contribution sir?"
Like regulators, "we can certainly overlook that infraction sir"
Like self regulators, "we would not want the public to learn that about us"
Like professional associations, "it would be better if we kept this under wraps"
Like war profiteers, "I think we can sell one million more tanks if we do this...."
Like banksters "we can dress this pig up and sell it in Iowa.... nobody will figure it out"
(virtually anyone who is paid a salary to protect and serve.......is serving.......themselves)
301686_254790557892103_201546203216539_625051_308461853_n.jpg

Jail time (for abusers of the public interest) is coming when we get this mess straightened out.

And my closing argument:

We live in a society where we recognize that a six foot, 200 pound teenager should not be allowed to knock down an old lady and take her purse, just “because he can”. Can we now become conscious enough to apply this protective logic to prime ministers, presidents, banks, mining companies, CEO’s, and all men who do damage to others and to the planet “just because they can”?
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:52 pm

From the book FAILURE AND PROGRESS comes this question:

"Isn't there some way to accept the wealth that capitalism offers without having to endure the constant failures it imposes? The calls have been for a market economy with a human face or a third way between the productivity of capitalism and the compassion of socialism"

I say yes, there is, and it is quite short and sweet. Take capitalism as we know it, and add ACCOUNTABILITY.

I go into great length about who, how, why, and how to pay for an entire new INDUSTRY OF ACCOUNTABILITY in my 05 Oct 2011 posting a few down from this post, in this same topic.

I have expanded on it at greater length in my blog at http://web.me.com/lelford/breachoftrust ... e_mix.html

My closing statement is this:
We live in a society where we recognize that a six foot, 200 pound teenager should not be allowed to knock down and old lady and take her purse, just “because he can”. Can we now become conscious enough to apply this protective logic to prime ministers, presidents, banks, mining companies, CEO’s, and all men who do damage to others and to the planet “just because they can”?
311491_298241640192148_283089098374069_1524604_350106206_n.jpg
311491_298241640192148_283089098374069_1524604_350106206_n.jpg (13.59 KiB) Viewed 10838 times
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Oct 07, 2011 10:14 pm

failure-progress_130.gif
failure-progress_130.gif (10.97 KiB) Viewed 10839 times
I found the clearest and easiest to follow book on economics, "the dismal science" by which we all live, and something jumped out at me. No, not just the first economics book that did not use chart and graph porn to clutter up its message, but one that actually could state in the kings english just what it meant. No jargon, or professorial bullshit.

Anyway, the clarity aside, the timing of reading this particular book could not have been better. Why? Because it managed to explain, no, it managed to almost narrate the entire problem North American economies have faced, which push us to the brink of quiet revolution. No kidding.

It gets better. It does this (the entire thing) in the first five pages. Of the preface of the book. I have never before had the total surprise of picking up a book which gives back that much in the first five pages.

To save you the whole song and dance, I will just paste a few paragraphs below, that I highlighted. Eleven paragraphs that to me said it all. here goes:

"Socialism has succeeded only in providing special privileges to a few by imposing grinding poverty on everyone else."

"Isn't there some way to accept the wealth that capitalism offers without having to endure the constant failures it imposes? The calls have been for a market economy with a human face or a third way between the productivity of capitalism and the compassion of socialism"

"Failures are part of the steering mechanism that directs an economy toward prosperity. Attempting to improve the marketplace by preventing economic failure is the equivalent of attempting to improve an automobile by removing the steering wheel."

"......harmful political response........."

"The best government can do is to protect a privileged few against failure by diminishing the opportunity for success of everyone else. Obviously such special-interest protection is neither efficient nor fair."

"The efficiency of the market process derives from the fact that it holds people accountable for the costs of their actions."

"......they are commonly imposed through the harshness of bankruptcy, unemployment, and other forms of economic failure."

"......each economic interest group prefers to be protected against the accountability of the market while benefitting from the accountability that the market is imposing on others."

"......all people have to contribute to the general well-being by accepting the failures as well as the successes that come their way."

"Political action commonly concentrates benefits on a well-organized few while spreading the costs thinly over the general public."

"......government action to moderate that failure ..........by special interest politics"

"By concentrating attention on the economic failures in the marketplace to justify expanding political control over economic decisions, the influence of special-interest demands has been increased and he scope of special interest failure has been enlarged."

"This book is written with the conviction that unless economic failure is understood as integral to the successful performance of market economies, it will be seized upon by active political interests as justification for expanding government action that stifles general economic productivity for the short-run advantage of the politically influential few."

Written in 1993, I think it pretty much describes the special interest politics that we have seen of late in which bankers have nearly collapsed our economy with speculation, and then forced each and every taxpayer to not only bail them out but pay them their bonus as if the speculation worked.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:57 am

1173311.bin.jpeg
30 years of work, study and documenting my investment firm experiences taught me this simple truism which bothers me daily:

There are people among us who do not follow the same rules and laws as we have to follow. There are those who are "above the law". They may be too "big to prosecute", they may be "self regulating", they may be large corporations, they may be too rich to touch, they may be politicians in power. They may be trusted criminals, or "well organized" crime. They are often psychopaths. These people or groups operate on a different set of behaviours than the other 99%, and they fly above the laws that apply to the other 99%. their motto: "THE GREATEST REWARDS GO TO THE GREATEST LIES, TO THE MOST RUTHLESS, TO THE BEST BULLY".

This is no way to run a society. This is a pandemic of sick people in our society. We can now see the results of this virus of unique violence.

It is a small slice of this kind of virus that compelled me to make BREACH OF TRUST, The Unique Violence of White Collar Crime. This documentary speaks to one small part of the OCCUPY WALL STREET issue. It is my own experience from inside the 9th largest US investment firm and largest in Canada. http://www.breachoftrust.ca available free in ten minute chapters.
admin
Site Admin

Postby admin » Fri Oct 07, 2011 8:36 am

Justice

Accountability

Responsibility

Public servants who actually serve the public rather than serve themselves and prey on the public

Equal justice for rich or poor.

An end to corporate domination, a change to the addiction to POWER. Perhaps an addiction to HUMANITY?
300117_281368638548393_278550055496918_1162820_1902987212_n.jpg

Just some thoughts that come to mind, as I follow the OCCUPY movement, and try to distill the message.
admin
Site Admin

PreviousNext

Return to Click here to view forums